Friday, June 7, 2013

Oh well, oh well, oh well

Hello again, Blogger!  Those last three years have just flown by, yes?  Yes.  I'll attempt to give a quick rundown of what's happened in my life and what I'm up to now.

1. In the summer and fall of 2011, my Crohn's disease decided to run wild, not respond to medications, and try to suck the life out of me.  It was not a good time.  I ended up having my colon removed and now have a permanent ileostomy bag.  I've had a few hiccups since then, but my health has been much improved since the surgery, and I can't thank my doctors and surgeons enough for everything.

2. I dropped out of school in 2010, attempted to go back in 2011, dropped out again, and started up again last fall.  I just completed my associate's degree, and I have about a year left on my bachelor's.  After that, it's grad school, and then I get to join the working world of official librarians!

Us at Chicago's Christkindlmarkt
3. I've been dating a super cool boy for about two and a half years now.  Vince and I met while we were working at a library, and it's just been wonderful.  I'm very glad I got over my nerves and asked him to my sister's wedding!

4. Speaking of, everyone in my family got married!  Mu, Angel, Holly, and Michael.  (My dad's been married for awhile.)

5. I got a dog!  His name's Chase, and he's my best friend. :)  I adopted him from a nearby family who just had twins and couldn't afford four kids and three dogs, so they decided to give up the youngest pup.  While it was heartbreaking for them, it was life changing for me.  He makes my day so much better and happier, and I'm so thankful he's mine and I'm his.

My Chasey Pie :)


As for currently, I'm on summer break, but I'll be starting up again in the fall.  I'm not working, so I have a lot of free time on my hands, but I'm trying my best to keep busy and not go insane from boredom.

In April, I signed Chase up for obedience classes at PetCo, so we've been working on that with mostly success.

I also signed up for a three week, basic photography class, which starts at the end of the month.  I've always been interested in photography, and while I'd love to pursue it more, I'm afraid there's just too much I don't know.  But that aside, I'm excited to brush up on my basics and hopefully learn something new!

Now that summer's here, that means the drive-in is open!  Vince and I have only gone once so far, but we're going again tomorrow night, and I'm SO stoked for it.  I just love the drive-in.

My sister Holly had a baby a couple weeks ago, and once she goes back to work, I'm going to be helping her and Andy out with babysitting the little Millie pea.  And of course, I also have my other nephew and niece, Declan and Cece, who are always up for play time with their favoritest aunt (or so I tell them)!

Well, I think that just about sums up my life.  Maybe I'll remember to update sooner this time. xD

No comments: